Afternoon Tea At The Vintage Powder Room And Tea Shop

I wasn't back from my holiday long before I was off on my second bloggers' outing. This time, me and Kayleigh met Chloe and Lisa and headed to The Vintage Powder Room in Whitley Bay for afternoon tea with Shivani and Emma, who were meeting us there. The Vintage Powder Room is amazing. Not only is there a gorgeous tea room, they also have a 1950s Hollywood Glamour inspired powder room with a whole load of beauty treatments on offer. It might be the cutest place I've ever seen.  

The powder room was our first stop, as Chloe had booked to get her hair done and Kayleigh was getting her nails done. Inside they had the coolest Marilyn Monroe wallpaper, white dressing tables and a rail of vintage dresses. With the makeovers, hairdos and manicures on offer, it would be the perfect place for a hen parties, or even a birthday party. While we waited we drank pink lemonade, dashed around taking photos and chatted to Laura, the beautician who was doing Chloe's hair and Kayleigh's nails. (I say 'we', but I'm still a little on the shy side so the others did most of the talking - I'm great at listening though!) 














Once Laura was finished, Chloe's hair and Kayleigh's nails looked lovely, and we then headed into the tea room for our afternoon tea. As a North East blogger it feels like some sort of crime to say this but I'd never been for afternoon tea before, so I was totally in awe of the table full of food that awaited us. There were smoked salmon & cream cheese and cucumber finger sandwiches, scones with butter, jam and cream (plain scones, thank god - I absolutely hate fruit scones!), meringues filled with jam and cream and the most amazing individual sized Victoria Sandwiches. Seriously, every time I look at the photos of them my mouth starts watering! We also had leaf tea served in cute vintage style teapots, cups and saucers as well as coffee and pink lemonade. For my first time having afternoon tea, I was really impressed with everything, and at £12 per person I wasn't complaining!











I'm so glad I went, it was a really nice day and I was so happy that I had my first afternoon tea in such a lovely place! It was nice meeting Emma and Shivani, and getting to know Chloe and Lisa a little better. (But next time I will talk more!) I think there are plans for some more similar outings, but as I'm heading back to York next week I'm gutted that I'll probably miss them! I might just have to plan some dissertation research trips to coincide with future cake dates... 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.