The Color Run Sunderland

At the beginning of this month you may have read the post I wrote about The Color Run and the charity that I was hoping to raise money for, Music in the Minster. Well, on the 20th of July the day finally arrived and I set off with my sister, Mam and Aunty to the Stadium of Light for my first 5K. 


At the start line. Had to make a few alterations to my t-shirt because it would have annoyed me otherwise!

When we signed up for the run in February I decided to make it my goal to be able to run the whole 5K. I'd started running regularly in September, so I wasn't quite starting from scratch, but 5K was definitely further than I was used to. Everything was going really well until I got a bit of an injury in May which meant that I couldn't run properly for about a month.  Nevertheless, I did manage to run nearly the whole way (apart from when we got stuck behind crowds of people who were walking - The Color Run isn't a timed race so absolutely anyone can do it) and, along with my sister, we managed it in 37 minutes. I was so proud of myself and the run itself was so much fun!

Colourful nails! 

As I mentioned before, The Color Run took place at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland. Along the route, each kilometre had its own colour station (pink, blue, orange and yellow), where runners were doused in as much or as little paint as they wanted. Me and Hannah decided that we wanted to be covered in as much paint as we could be - which meant that by the time we got to the finish line we were pretty colourful! 

Before and during - selfies after each colour station and the finish line


And after!


Colour packet by Dulux and laces and sweets provided by New Balance 


New Balance Laces


Love it!

Finish Line Festival

Once we finished the route we hung around for the Finish Line Festival, where runners get to take part in a colour throw with the colour packets handed out at the finish line. Makes a pretty good photo, doesn't it?

The Color Run was an amazing experience, and so far we've raised over £200 online and in person. I really hope it comes back to Sunderland next year so I can do it all over again! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.