My 21st Birthday Part 1: York

Helloo!
As you might have noticed from my Twitter/Instagram on the February 13th I turned 21! Despite it being a 'big' birthday, I wasn't really fussed about it until the beginning of February. However, once the 1st hit, I was soon counting down the days and getting increasingly excited for the various things I had planned. 

So, my birthday really started when I was at work on the 12th. Although I thought it was a bit suspicious when I was told I couldn't leave the shop floor at the end of my shift, I was genuinely really surprised when I was presented with a Cath Kidston carrier bag with a card and a giftcard from everyone at work. It was so lovely and I really wasn't expecting it. 

That night me and my housemates had a table booked at Bill's to celebrate both mine and Hannah's birthdays. (Note: February is a very confusing time. My housemate Hannah's birthday and my sister Hannah's birthday are two days apart. And 3 days and a day before mine, respectively.) Anyway, I'd never been to Bill's before, so I was really excited. 

Bill's interior.

Pink lemonade!

 Bill's Beer-Battered Cod.

Warm Chocolate Brownie.


I chose the Bill's beer battered cod for my main and it was definitely a good decision. The batter was crispy and the chips were amazing. I didn't really need a dessert, but I'm always a sucker for a chocolate brownie - and it was well worth it. They were nice and gooey - just how brownies should be. After our meal Ellen had to go home, but me, Hannah and Sian headed out for a couple of drinks. We ended up in The Lowther where Sian introduced us to Vodka and J2O - which is actually the nicest thing ever. 

The next day I woke up feeling really ill - and I'm pretty sure it wasn't from the 3 drinks I had the night before! Anyway, I opened my cards and a couple of birthday presents in bed before getting ready to meet Sam at the train station. That night we had a table booked at Bella Italia, which was lovely. I had planned to take pictures of everything, but when it came down to it I decided to just enjoy the night. It would have been nice if I'd remembered to take a picture of the two of us though!

On the 14th I spent Valentine's day at work, while Sam stayed on his own at my house. When I got back we ordered pizza and watched Love Actually (which Sam had never seen before!) - it was nice to have a chilled out night. 




On the 15th my Mam, Dad and sister came down to York with a bag of cards and presents in hand - including cards from both Twin Atlantic and The Enemy! We then went out to Toby Carvery for Sunday dinner, and then to Tenpin for a few games of bowling. After some hot chocolate and a cake at Costa, they dropped me off at home and headed back to Sunderland, where I'd soon be following them to continue my celebrations!

I had a lovely birthday and it was so nice to spend time with (nearly) all of my favourite people 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.