Ed's Easy Diner Sunderland

This weekend I was home for the first time this term. I actually arrived back in Sunderland on Wednesday night, went to Newcastle with my Mam on Thursday and did some work in Sunderland uni's library on Friday, before meeting Sam in town for a quick look that night (and accidentally persuading him to buy a PS4...oops). While we were in The Bridges we noticed that Ed's Easy Diner was finally open. We've both been dying to try the one in the Metrocentre, so we were over the moon to find out that Sunderland now has one. On Saturday we made plans to go there for dinner before my train left on Sunday.



When we arrived we were greeted by this lovely cutout, but didn't have to wait long before we were shown to our seats by an actual human. 

Inside it was amazing. Like stepping back into the 1950s...or at least what you'd imagine a 1950s diner to look like anyway! From the red seats, to the checkerboard theme, to the mini jukeboxes along the counter (the proceeds from which all go to charity) it was very cool. There were loads of things I wanted to take photos of but it was a bit busy and I didn't want to look weird!  


First we ordered our drinks, both deciding on a Fountain Favourite - with a choice of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Fanta or Sprite. They were pretty big glasses - bigger than Nando's, for example -  and you can ask for free refills, which for £2.65 I didn't think was too bad. 


When we eventually made up our minds, Sam ordered the Smokey Joe's hamburger (a hamburger with cheese, onions and BBQ sauce) and I chose the Chilli Dog (hotdog topped with chilli con carne & onions, as well as the cheese sauce for an extra £1). We both also chose the 'Ed's Plate' option, where you get your main, fries, onion rings and coleslaw. 



I was quite impressed with the size of the Chilli Dog, and there were just enough fries so I wasn't stuffed after eating them. I'm not usually a fan of onion rings, but the ones we had were lovely. They were nice and crispy, rather than greasy and soggy like ones I've had in the past. 



There are a million and one things I now want to try from their menu, including ‘Ed’uardo's Fiesta hamburger, practically all of their chicken dishes, and the Atomic American Fries. 
I was really sad that I didn't have time to try one of their desserts and milkshakes, everything sounded so yummy. Especially the 'Brownie Points' chocolate brownie & ice cream and either the Butterscotch or Mint Ed's Shakes. 


I'll definitely be going back to Ed's if I can when I'm next at home, even if it is only for a dessert and milkshake! 
Have a look at their amazing menu for yourself here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.