Second Year So Far


Well, it's been a while hasn't it?

In September I had no idea what was coming, second year is so much more hectic than first year! Everything feels a bit more 'real' this year, from actually paying bills to finding a work placement and discussing careers to turning 20 two weeks ago (eek!).

Nevertheless, when I came back to uni I promised myself that I would actually do things with people this year. Not that I didn't last year, but I think I probably could have been just a bit more social. So, once term started, I joined the York St John History Society - which has meant that I've been to socials at least once a fortnight. As well as that I've been trying to say 'yes' more, which has resulted in me going out in York for a friend's birthday and a lovely trip to see Thor: The Dark World at the cinema before Christmas, among other things. Oh, and a rather good night out for mine and my housemate's birthdays (which resulted in a bit of a hungover Rachel the next day!).

I've got a few good things coming up over the next few weeks including Fall Out Boy and Maximo Park gigs as well as a trip to Leeds, so I'll try and keep you posted (deadlines permitting!)

For now here's a bit of a taste of what I've been up to...
Clockwise from top left:
1. My 3rd Generation iPod Nano finally gave up in the Autumn, it was a sad, sad day. 
2. Cath Kidston student night round 2!
3. £2 Vogue, perfect for my student budget. 
4. Costa Christmas drinks #1 Gingerbread Latte. 

1. Celebrating Sunderland's 2-1 victory over Newcastle.
2. 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. Saw it at the cinema with my Mam and Sister and loved every minute.
3.  Costa Christmas drinks #2 White Hot Chocolate.
4. Treated to December's Vogue and a Lush Butterball bath bomb when my Nana and Aunty Kayleigh (whose lovely blog you can find here) came to visit. 

1. Frankie and the Heartstrings gig with my friend Laura. 
2. Finally got my hands on the Porefessional!
3. Our living room all decorated for Christmas!
4. My first Graze box. 

1 & 2. Christmas dinner day. 
3 & 4. Christmas night out: Me, the boyfriend and our friend Grace.

1. My 'big' Christmas present last year was a Kindle Fire HD. The first book I bought? The New 52 Batgirl Volume 1. (I've since bought this and Volume 2 in paperback because they're so good.)
2. Me and Sam. NYE 2013.
3. Making the most of my free time by playing The Walking Dead Game. I was NOT emotionally prepared for the ending.
4. NYE again. Polaroid with the faves. 

1. V-Day 2014: McDonalds and That Awkward Moment at the cinema. 
2. Birthday night out. 
3. Some of my lovely birthday presents. Cath Kidston washbag and Mushroom & Big Spot Reversible Folded Messenger Bag from my Aunty Karen. Cath Kidston Little Spot iPhone 5 case, Miss Selfridge boots and Dune brogues from my parents. 2 Broke Girls Season 2, New 52 Wonder Woman Volume 1 and the most gorgeous Pandora earrings known to man from Sam. Benefit Feelin' Dandy from my friend Holly. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.