Elevon World Newcastle Fashion Event

To anyone stumbling across my little blog, it would be really quite obvious that I'm not by any means a fashion blogger. But just because I don't write about it doesn't mean that I'm not interested in it. I love Vogue, spend more time than I'd like to admit looking at the Women's Fashion category on Pinterest and , of course, spend 5 days a week surrounded by clothes at work. So, when Kayleigh asked me if I wanted to go to the Elevon World event at the Biscuit Factory in Jesmond I said yes straight away. 

Elevon is a Newcastle based fashion events company, set up with the aim of developing and showcasing the work of emerging designers. Given that I'd never actually been to see a catwalk show before, I was really excited to see what the designers had to offer. There were different ticket options to choose from, including VIP Front Row tickets for £30 (which included front row or table seats and a goody bag worth £50), but we opted for the Standard Admission for £15. We might not have splashed out for the VIP treatment, but we managed to nab some seats 3 rows from the front which still had really good views of the catwalk - and came with a goody bag filled with offers for some local businesses and a bag of Propercorn. Yum!


The first designer of the night was Rebekah Clegg who showcased her collection 'Reflect'. Her collection was inspired by Newcastle and its architecture, and included lights as part of her designs (which showed up much more clearly in real life than in my photos - me and my phone have issues). I loved the inclusion of the lights and I would say that Rebekah's collection was my favourite of the night. 



The next collection was by Oxygen London, whose incorporation of chainmail into some of their pieces, as well as the elegance of the designs, really stood out to me. I could definitely imagine some of the pieces on sale in high-end high street stores. 

The event also included a number of talks, the first of which was by David Reay. Reay, who previously worked for Barbour, spoke about the initial processes of starting up in fashion -particularly regarding issues such as production.

The next collection was 'Rebellion' by Lena Yoo. Unfortunately my phone didn't really want to co-operate at this point, so this is the best photo I have. I really liked her collection though, the pieces seemed wearable and as though they wouldn't be out of place on the streets of New York, where she is based. 


The second speaker we saw was Victoria Anderson, who spoke of the benefits of self employment. I'm not going to lie, I know nothing about business or being self employed so a lot of the talk went over my head. Nevertheless, Victoria's talk was very funny and I think Kayleigh, being self-employed herself, found it quite relatable. 


The final collection we saw was 'Anamorphosis' by Georgia Madge. I really loved this collection, with the look in the top photo being my favourite by far. 

Unfortunately, as we needed to catch the metro back to Sunderland, we had to leave in the interval and missed the end of the event. I loved the event and I'm really glad that I finally got to see an actual catwalk show. I'd definitely go to another Elevon event because it was definitely worth the £15 we paid for the tickets! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.