York

Hellooo!

I realised recently that despite being at Uni in York for two years, I haven't ever really posted anything about being in York. Not even a picture of the Minster. Which I'm sure is probably some sort of student crime. So last week I decided to spend a few days in York to see a couple of my housemates while they were there. I had a lovely few days and I was reminded why I chose York for my University city. 



When I finally got back to the house on Friday, the weather was absolutely beautiful. So once I'd been to buy some food, and after I'd put on some sun cream (#gingerproblems anyone?), I settled down in the garden to read in the sunshine. (After fighting my way through the spiders in the shed in order to get a garden chair out to sit on!) It was so warm that I eventually had to change into a pair of shorts - I swear it's always six times warmer in York than it is in Sunderland!


On Saturday morning I enjoyed waking up to total silence and then having breakfast in bed watching 8 Simple Rules. I'm going to miss my double bed when I have to move back home at the end of third year!


Despite it being a Saturday, and it generally being ridiculously busy in York at the weekend, I went into town for a wander. Again, the weather was gorgeous and I finally got a picture of the Minster! I actually sat for about an hour outside the Minster in the sunshine, listening to Of Monsters and Men. The Minster is one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen and the history nerd in me always wonders how amazingly foreboding it must have looked centuries ago. 


All around York were flags that I assume were hung up for the when the Tour de France passed through the city. I wasn't really bothered about missing it, but I love the way York looked at the weekend.



On my way home I decided to treat myself to an ice cream. I chose strawberry, which I think I've decided is my favourite flavour. (Where traditional ice cream flavours are concerned anyway - Ben and Jerry's is a whole other debate!) Apologies for the blurriness of the photo, it was so sunny that I couldn't see the screen on my phone properly and didn't realise it was blurry until I got home. 
I'm not usually one for taking selfies - I'm far too picky about how I look in photos and it takes me forvever to find one that I like - but surprisingly I didn't think this one turned out too bad!



After spending Sunday doing a little bit of research for my dissertation, on Monday me and my housemates went to Slug and Lettuce on the riverside for lunch. I think it's one of my favourite places to eat in York, the food is always really nice. Plus they do 50% off food on Mondays - so my meal and drink only came to £6.40 - as well as 2-for-1 desserts and cocktails all day everyday. I went for a Southern Fried Chicken Wrap with chips and a diet coke, but I also love their Chilli too. 


On Tuesday it was time to head home, but not before grabbing a hot chocolate from Costa to drink on the train. I won't be getting too sad about leaving York because I'm back there next week with my boyfriend for a few days, before I head off on holiday to Lanzarote at the beginning of August!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.