Payday Buys


I'm not going to lie, I love payday. It's still a pretty new thing for me and this month, for the first time since I got my job, I've actually been able to spend some on myself without worrying abut having to buy Christmas/birthday presents first. That being said, here are a few things I picked up last week...

1. New Look shirt
I saw this shirt ages ago but at the time decided I didn't really need it. But when I saw it in the sale in the Sunderland store I didn't have to think twice about buying it (and only partially because I'd ran out of clothes to wear and I was meeting my lovely friends from home for tea that night...)

2.  ROAM Necklace
This caught my eye on the way to the till in New Look. I've wanted a necklace like this for a while now, and I thought this one was nice because it's quite understated. And for £2 in the New Look sale I wasn't complaining!

3. Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream
I used this for a while in my first year at uni, and I really liked how hydrated it made my skin feel, but for some reason I didn't repurchase it when I ran out. Before Christmas I tried one of Tesco's own hydrating night creams for dry/sensitive skin, but it would sting when I'd put it on so I was on the lookout for something new to try. When I saw this was only £1.99 instead of £4.99 in Savers I couldn't resist, especially seeing as I knew it wouldn't irritate my skin. 

4. Garnier Moisture Match Goodbye Dry Ultra-Hydrating Rich Cream
This is the only day cream I've found that actually feels like it works, and I tend to buy a couple when it's on half price/buy one get one free - which is actually fairly regularly. 

5. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton 
'On an autumn day in 1686, eighteen-year-old Nella Oortman arrives at a grand house in Amsterdam to begin her new life as the wife of wealthy merchant Johannes Brandt. Though curiously distant, he presents  her with an extraordinary wedding gift: a cabinet sized replica of their home. It is to be furnished by an elusive miniaturist, whose tiny creations ring eerily true. 

As Nella uncovers the secrets of her new household she realizes the escalating dangers they face. The miniaturist seems to hold their fate in her hands - but does she plan to save or destroy them?'

I shouldn't be allowed into Waterstones alone, purely because you can guarantee I'll end up leaving with a new book. After a lot of deliberation I decided on The Miniaturist because I was completely drawn in by the blurb - it sounded like it would make a nice change from the things I usually read! 

6. Superdrug Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
And finally, just as I was about to leave town I remembered that I was just about out of body butter, so picked up some Superdrug Cocoa Butter body lotion for 99p. It's not my favourite body lotion ever, but it does the job and you get quite a lot for the price!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.