Happy Birthday to me

Last week was my 19th birthday. It was strange not being at home with my family. Actually it was a bit rubbish, but I don't really need to go in to that.

I brought all my cards and presents back to York with me to open on my actual birthday, rather than when I was given them. As you can probably tell, I like to make cakes. I got two types of cake tin and an icing syringe from my Aunty and a cupcake stand from my sister. I'm yet to try these out but I'll post pictures when I do. From my Mam and Dad I got a pair of dark blue wedges from Dorothy Perkins and a cute fox bag in mint green. My Boyfriend got me the first series of 2 Broke Girls on DVD. I didn't know what it was and I was over the moon when I opened it. As a part Birthday present and part Valentine's day present he also got us tickets to see Jimmy Carr at the Sunderland Empire in July. I'm excited already and its still 5 months away!

I also got the Beatles Comic Relief t-shirt from my Aunty, a reed diffuser from my friend Amy, a Pylones sellotape dispenser in the shape of a chicken, a Big Bang Theory mug and a TARDIS mug from my housemates. 

With some of the money I got from various family members and friends I got some things I've been wanting for a while. Since moving to York I've developed an obsession with Cath Kidston stuff. I needed a new glasses case because my old one was cracked so I got this one in the sale for £10. I got a purse too, I couldn't resist! I've also been wanting to try some Soap and Glory products for ages after reading reviews on other blogs. I decided on The Righteous Butter Body Lotion, Hand Food and The Scrub of Your Life. I love them all, except the body lotion irritates my arms a little bit. Only my arms though, odd. 

I bought The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Vampire Diaries Season 1 and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I read the book of Perks and went to see the film at the cinema with my sister. I watched it the day I bought it, I'd recommend it to anyone. As a History student (and geek!) I've always wanted to see the Elizabeth films but somehow I've never got round to watching them. I'm definitely watching them sometime very soon. I love The Vampire Diaries, but I got asked how old I was when I got to the counter in HMV. Its a 15! I'm 19! I couldn't believe it. Finally, I've read the prequel series so far of this series and I've wanted to read City of Bones for a while now. I saw it for £2.99 in the Works and had to buy it. 

I wasn't expecting to get half as much as I did and I know I'm really lucky.I love my boyfriend, friends and family and I'm so grateful for everything. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.